Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6506 rebooted

Hi,

My Cisco 6506 switch got rebooted with the message as below:

%SPANTREE-5-EXTENDED_SYSID:

Configured from memory by console

System restarted...

Can any one suggest the root cause. Logs attached.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In addition to Leo's good recommendation and to eliminated any fabric channel hardware issues, move the sup to slot 5 and see if the issue reappears

HTH

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Below is the info collected form Crash info:

Nov 27 17:44:21 IST: %FABRIC-SP-3-DISABLE_FAB: The fabric manager disabled active fabric in slot 6 due to the error (2) on this channel (FPOE 4) connected to slot 6

Nov 27 17:44:21.098 IST: SP: Supervisor has bad local fabric channel. StbyRdyForSwOver 0, StbyLocalFabLinkOk 0

%Software-forced reloa

Hi,

Try re-seating the module 6.If it works then fine orelse open a TAC.

Thanks

switch is working fine but want to analyse the actual reason for reload.

what type of module is in slot 6?

It is WS-SUP720-BASE

so you have 2 sups with redundant sup in slot 6?

if yes, are they in redundant SSO mode?

Only two modules are there WS-X6724-SFP in slot 2 and SUP720-Base slot 6

*Nov 27 16:41:36 IST: %SPANTREE-5-EXTENDED_SYSID: Extended SysId enabled for typt change the spanning tree topology

*Nov 27 16:41:37 IST: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from memory by console

*Nov 27 16:41:41 IST: %SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --

Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVENTERPRISEK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXH1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Is that all?  You want answers as to why the chassis rebooted and this is the only information you can furnish?

Sh tech support of the device is already attached.

Cool!  More information.

Here's my take (until Reza and others can chime in) ...

1.  You are running IOS SXH1.  This IOS has been released sometime early 2008.

2.  The version of IOS you are running has been removed by Cisco possibly because there are some glaring bugs.

3.  The crash happens after the log entry:

• Nov 27 17:44:21 IST: %FABRIC-SP-3-DISABLE_FAB: The fabric manager disabled active fabric in slot 6 due to the error (2) on this channel (FPOE 4) connected to slot 6
  • Nov 27 17:44:21.098 IST: SP: Supervisor has bad local fabric channel. StbyRdyForSwOver 0, StbyLocalFabLinkOk 0

My recommendation is for you to upgrade your IOS to something more "current".

In addition to Leo's good recommendation and to eliminated any fabric channel hardware issues, move the sup to slot 5 and see if the issue reappears

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card