cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6807-XL Specs.

ivansalazar
Level 1
Level 1

What is the Maximum forwarding performance (IPv4) for the 6807-XL?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ivan,

Cisco is extending the overall scale, performance, and capabilities of the venerable Cisco Catalyst 6000 product family with the introduction of the new Cisco Catalyst 6800 Series. The new Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL chassis provides extremely high levels...

The new Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL chassis can deliver up to 11.4 Tbps of total system capacity, with up to 880 Gbps of per-slot bandwidth. In a VSS configuration, this level of support translates to a system capacity of up to 22.8 Tbps.

The new Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL chassis is optimized for high-density 10, 40, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet, also providing superior customer inv

Regards

Inayath

*Plz dont forget to rate all usefull posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ivan,

Not sure if you are looking for the info stated  in the below link on page 48:

http://d2zmdbbm9feqrf.cloudfront.net/2013/usa/pdf/BRKARC-3468.pdf

HTH

Inayath

Hi Inayath,

Im looking for the forwarding performance in Mpps. I found the info of the 6500 models (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/models-comparison.html) but cant find it for the 6800. I check the link you send (awesome information btw) but i can't find what i just mention.

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Cisco is extending the overall scale, performance, and capabilities of the venerable Cisco Catalyst 6000 product family with the introduction of the new Cisco Catalyst 6800 Series. The new Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL chassis provides extremely high levels...

The new Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL chassis can deliver up to 11.4 Tbps of total system capacity, with up to 880 Gbps of per-slot bandwidth. In a VSS configuration, this level of support translates to a system capacity of up to 22.8 Tbps.

The new Cisco Catalyst 6807-XL chassis is optimized for high-density 10, 40, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet, also providing superior customer inv

Regards

Inayath

*Plz dont forget to rate all usefull posts.

Hi Ivan,

Today 6807 can't do more than 720 mpps.
To reach this performance we have to install five C6800-32 modules and two Sup2t.
In this case total performance will be  5 х 120 mpps + 2 х 60 mpps = 720 mpps.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Of course, if Cisco were to provide a newer sup model for the 6807, PPS would likley increase some more.  The chassis has capacity not yet maxed by what can be installed into it.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If I remember correctly, the 6807 only supports sup2Ts, and if I also remember correctly, they offer 60  Mpps.  I don't know whether a second sup2T adds to chassis PPS (as I believe a VS-S720 does).

Additionally, line cards with DFCs provide additional PPS - I think the DFC4 offers up to 60 Mpps.

(Also, in fabric mode, the prior PPS might be independent of packet size.)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card