Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 867 not passing Upnp

Hi All,

This is a weird problem I am hoping you can help with.

I have a Cisco 867 which is connected to my ADSL2+ line and all the clients connect to the Wireless LAN on the 867.

Just recently, I have connected some devices that are DLNA compliant. I spent a whole weekend trying to get these devices to see my DLNA server but none of the connected devices could discover the DLNA server. I spent hours configuring the server thinking that was the problem.

Then I gave up and instead connected the server and the DLNA to an independent Wireless Access Point (not connected to the Cisco) and suddenly they could see each other. When I then connect them back to the Cisco wireless they again cannot discover each other.

For some reason, it seems the Cisco is not passing the packets required between the wireless clients connected to it (namely I think this is Upnp). I know Cisco IOS does not support Upnp but the wireless clients are all on the same subnet and all have 10.30.25.x addresses. Is there something I am missing configuration wise on the router. I do not have any thing hard wired in so all the connections to the router are via wireless 802.11n.

Now I know I could put my indpendent access point there and connect all the clients to that and then hardwire the access point to the Cisco, but it should all just work via wireless through the Cisco. All the devices can ping each other and all the devices can access the internet. It just appears to be Upnp that is not passing between wireless clients for some reason.

Many Thanks in advance.

Steve

• LAN Switching and Routing
Views
Helpful
Replies