Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 870 doesn't like my new router

Thanks to my great house and the number of devices I need in a certain room, my setup for the past 4 or so years has been

[Cable Modem]  ->   [DIR-615 Router]   ->   [WRT54G Wireless Client Bridge]   ->    [Cisco 870]

It's worked almost perfectly, rarely needing to be reset, and almost every time it did it was a problem with the cable modem. 

I recently inherited a D-Link DIR-655, and decided to modify my network to end up with this:

[Cable Modem]  ->   [DIR-655 Router]   ->   [DIR-615 Wireless Client Bridge]   ->    [Cisco 870]

I didn't need to change anything on the 870 and it worked, but the not consistently.  The 870 loses internet access often.  Sometimes it gets it back, and sometimes I need to power-cycle it. 

Given how well it worked before, is there some firewall / port setting I no longer remember that I need to take care of?  I'm happy to read a manual if one is available, but the Cisco documents I've seen so far don't discuss this topology, and I can't connect the 870 to the cable modem or wire it directly to the router.

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

Views
Helpful
Replies