Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 877 and VLAN

Hi

I have a little problem:

I bought a Cisco877 that should be the basis to create the new network design in a school. I chose that router because I need to have different networks and different IPs on any router interface. I asked here if it was possible with 800 series routers (like I can do on any high-level Cisco Router) and they said that I can do that, giving a different Ip address and Ip mask to any Vlan on my router.

Now I'm trying to configure the network but... the router doesn't allow me to create more than a VLAN!!!

When I try to add any other entry on VLAN Database, it says "vlan can not be added. Maximum number of 1 vlan(s) in the database"... but in datasheet said that I could configure up to 4 vlans...

What can I do to bypass the problem?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco 877 and VLAN

Hi,

Maximum of 4 VLANs are supported on Cisco 870 series with the plus feature set(Advanced IP services/Advanced Enterprise Services), NOT with the Advanced Security (default image). Will you please check your image with the "sh ver" command. The upgrade is paid option I am sorry to say.

Best regards,

Antonin

Re: Cisco 877 and VLAN

Can you send link to the advanced IP services or paste a sh ver from one that has it please.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content