Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 880 gateway for Video conferencing units

I have a cisco 880 which will act as my router for 2 Video conferencing units. We have a Time Warner connection with 6 static IP's  on a /29 .

We will need 2 IP's for the Videconferencing units and 1 for the WAN interface (Fa4) 

No  PC's \ Servers will connect to this device it will only be used for the VC units wondering what the best approach would take to build the router.

I was wondering if i should  bother to create a NAT if all devices are going to be using Public IP's ? What considerations should i look at with regards to security. (The main reason we are putting these VC units behind the 880 is because they are consistently being attacked)

I have built a few SOHO routers using a  single static IP \ NAT overload, they have a basic 10.0.0.0 /24 IP scheme which i have found works well but the requirements for this build require the VC's to be reachable from the internet. I thought ip inspect RemoteFW out would work and an "in ACL" denying all traffic in.

Anyway thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies