cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 887 & Playstation3 - test connectivity failing.

sawickas07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Having issue with 887 and ps3. Can get the internet connection via ps3 no problem , playstaion network, browse websites and so on but once I using feature on PS3  'test connectivity'  and run it. I'm loosing connection.

The 887(have latest IOS) and is connected via wire to ps3. I have assigned the static ip address on ps3 and open dns(4.2.2.2).

I know that cisco doesn't support UPnP , would that be related to it?

I have tried enable or disable the UPnP on the ps3 , still the same.

Have open all ports just for testing purpouses on the 887.

Annoying thing is that once I use some home user DSL modem , everything is working ok.(Can get online and once I do test connectivity , it works as well)..

Its tricky , any reason?

Thanks,

Luk.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco IOS routers are not apt for home use, for that and other reasons.

Recommend you get a router from the "small business" line of products for that purpose.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco IOS routers are not apt for home use, for that and other reasons.

Recommend you get a router from the "small business" line of products for that purpose.

Hi Paolo ,

Yes you are correct but I wanted to find out why it doesnt work..!! Maybe is a way to configure it properly.

Thanks,

Luk.

ok , sorted!

I knew it can be done.

I have enable the spanning tree portfast and the test connection on playstaion 3 not timing out anymore!

The test connectivity passes succesfully !!!!

ThanksLuk.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card