cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Bug CSCto10165 Smart Install Vulnerability

francisfox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There, we are using IOS 12.2(55) on a cisco 3750X-24TS. This IOS has the smart install vulnerability identified in

CSCto10165.  We had been using the ACL workaround to mitigate this however i notice on the bug toolkit that this bug now has a fix.  The thing that is confusing me is that the bug toolkit states the bug was 1st found in 12.2(58)SE and 1st fixed also in 12.2(58)SE.  So is it fixed?  I notice on the downloads page there is 12.2(58)SE2 available for download but this is dated 27/7/2011. Is the fix in this version?  The release notes don't mention this bug.  Can anyone offer any advice. Regards Francis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Francis,

the fix is for sure in 12.2(55)SE3.

About 12.2(58)SE from what I understand from the internal notes, always tricky on PSIRT bugs, the issue was first noticed on the image which was candidated to be 12.2(58)SE. The bug could be fixed before 12.2(58)SE was actually published on CCO, this is why this release is both mentioned as the first found and first fixed.

Hope this clarifies.

please rate and close the question if helpful.

Riccardo

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Francis,

the fix is for sure in 12.2(55)SE3.

About 12.2(58)SE from what I understand from the internal notes, always tricky on PSIRT bugs, the issue was first noticed on the image which was candidated to be 12.2(58)SE. The bug could be fixed before 12.2(58)SE was actually published on CCO, this is why this release is both mentioned as the first found and first fixed.

Hope this clarifies.

please rate and close the question if helpful.

Riccardo

+5 for Ricardo for an obviously correct answer

@francisfox: Thnx4notrating

francisfox
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card