Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C2960 compact and IP Routing

dario.didio
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a C2960-C (2960C-12PC-L) running the latest ios version (12.2(55)EX3).

I'm trying to configure routing on it via a static route and a couple of VLAN interfaces.

I have loaded the lanbase-routing SDM template, which loads fine, but I'm still not able to configure routing.

I cannot configure "ip routing" or "ip route...".

Accouding to the release notes of the IOS, it should support routing starting from this version:

Starting with Cisco IOS Release 12.2(55)EX3, Catalyst 2960-C Fast Ethernet switches support multiple templates: default, dual IPv4 and IP v6, LAN base routing, and QoS. All Catalyst 2960-C templates support 0 routed interfaces and 255 VLANs, except for the LAN base routing template, which supports 8 routed interfaces.

source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960c_3560c/software/release/12.2_55_ex/release/notes/ol23942.html#wp1101585

Anyone who has experienced the same problem?

Am I missing something?

If any further info is required, just ask!

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you reboot after changing the template ?

Hi,

Yes i did reload it.

When I do a show sdm prefer, I see that the correct sdm template has been loaded.

But when I do

switch#(config) ip routing

then it doesn't recognize the command. Neither does it accept the creation of a static route.

Hi,

If it helps, I've got the exact same. I would guess it's IOS "feature" for this release, as the C's run a slightly different version to regulars.

Anyone else notice that for some reason you can't console them with hyperterminal in XP anymore it only works though putty?

mmmm... buggy IOS... gotta love it.

I have the exact same question because i'm thinking of getting one switch for testing but i need to create at least 3 vlans and route them. As i've seen this question first i want to ask if any of you guys have a 2960c or 3560c with the Cisco IOS Release 15.2(1)E and if it supports IP routing.

I wanna know before buying any of these... or should i get a 2960s?????

take care

Hi Carlos,

We have C2960-C running the lastest 15 IOS and I can confirm that the bug has been solved.

We run them with a couple of VLANs, routed  locally and a static default route to the provider edge.

All works well.

Hope this helps.

Br,

Dario

Thanks Dario

Is great that you shared this

GJ!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card