cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 2950-24 Switch not linking to Tranzeo Access Point

shachey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i was wondering if anyone could help with this question. I have a Tranzeo Access Point www.tranzeo.com that will not negotiate with the cisco switch. If i plug the AP into my wireless router's 4 port switch, the AP links and works fine. The folks at tranzeo suggested switch the AP from auto-negoiate to a set speed of 100 and to do the same with the Cisco switch. No change. i have tried various combinations of port settings with no results. I believe there is some configuration on the switch that needs to be changed in order to support negotiation for the AP Does anyone have any idea? (i know the Cisco ports are fine because i can plug in my laptop and i get a link immediately. Switch IOS version is: 12.1(22)EA9 thank you

2 Replies 2

Steve,

Could you please explain what you mean by "No change"? What happens when you set the speed to 100 on the switch whose interface is connected to the Tranzeo AP?

Oops! sorry. Bad terminology.

what i meant to say was that no matter ehat configurations i try on both the switch or AP i cannot get a link on the switch. I believe the switch is not getting the language of the AP to negotiate a link. hopefully that makes better sense.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card