cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 4503 switch

boneysia_vicki
Level 1
Level 1

I have a doubt on Cisco Catalyst 4503.The slot 1 of the chasiss i have slot in with a supervisor engine II that integrate with IOS. If let say supervisor enigne II suddenly down, can i just replace with another supervisor engine II,does i need to re-do the configuration?does the chasiss keep the previous config file?

i do think for the 4507,but it is too expensive.

Thanks ^^

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Friend,

You can take the backup on your tftp server.

Ankur

View solution in original post

You can keep the config file on your PC or any other media like USB Drive/external hard Drive and then use the TFP to put it back on the supervisor engine when you want.

-amit singh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

The configuration is always stored in supervisor and not the chassis. So if you replace the supervisor with a new one it will be having no configuration and just a default one.

It is recommended to always keep the backup of latest configuration so that in any emergency when you replace the supervisor with new one you can just load the configuration back to the new supervisor.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpull post

Hi,

Where the backup configuration i should store?

Thanks

Hi Friend,

You can take the backup on your tftp server.

Ankur

THANKSSS^^

You can keep the config file on your PC or any other media like USB Drive/external hard Drive and then use the TFP to put it back on the supervisor engine when you want.

-amit singh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card