Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 500 series switch - telnet access problem

Jigar Dave
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Group members,

please guide me to solve my problem.

in my network 2950,2960,3750,3560 and 500 series switch exists, I know in other switches telnet is enabled but default, but as I come across the 500 catalyst switch, telnet is not enabled for this switch, but yes i have taken webaccess of this switch and tried to find out that telnet is made enabled or not, but didnt find any clue there.

so please tell me really telnet is disabled on 500 cata. switch or is there any other way we can make telnet enable on the same.

actually this project was run by some other team and we have taken hand over from them as reneval of AMC contract.

Regards,

JKD

1 Reply 1

Yes, the Catlayst Express 500 series only have WEB management, there is no Telnet, SSH or console access possible. The CLI is sort-of still there as the WEB interface pushes CLI-like commands to it when you configure it, however there is no direct CLI access.

HTH

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card