cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches error , help me.

choyy5454
Level 1
Level 1

Error for WS-X6516-GE-TX

03:23: %PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 6 is experiencing the following error: Transient port ASIC (PINNACLE) packet buffer parity error detected on ports 1, 2, 3, 4,

00:03:23: %PM-SP-4-ERR_DISABLE: packet-buffer error detected on Gi6/1, putting Gi6/1 in err-disable state

00:03:23: %PM-SP-4-ERR_DISABLE: packet-buffer error detected on Gi6/2, putting Gi6/2 in err-disable state

00:03:23: %PM-SP-4-ERR_DISABLE: packet-buffer error detected on Gi6/3, putting Gi6/3 in err-disable state

00:03:23: %PM-SP-4-ERR_DISABLE: packet-buffer error detected on Gi6/4, putting Gi6/4 in err-disable state

it don't understand. help me.

thanks lot of you.

regard

CHIN SUNG CHO

2 Replies 2

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

%PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: [chars] error detected on [chars], putting [chars] in err-disable state

The interface has detected a misconfiguration or misbehavior. The interface will be put in the err-disable state. This action is a defensive measure. A recovery will be attempted after the configured retry time. The default retry time is 5 minutes.

Recommended Action: Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log. Issue the show tech-support command to gather data that might help identify the nature of the error. If you cannot determine the nature of the error from the error message text or from the show tech-support command output, contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the representative with the gathered information.

Related documents-

EtherChannel Between Catalyst 3550/3560/3750 Series Switches and Catalyst Switches Running Cisco IOS System Software Configuration Example

Errdisable Port State Recovery on the Cisco IOS Platforms

Common Error Messages on Catalyst 6500/6000 Series Switches Running Cisco IOS Software

Layer 2 Security Features on Cisco Catalyst Layer 3 Fixed Configuration Switches Configuration Example

Catalyst 3750 Series Switches Troubleshoot Common Issues

and

%PM_SCP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module [dec] is experiencing the following error: [chars]

The line care firmware detected an error condition. The supervisor engine is being informed of the condition.

Recommended Action: Copy the message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log. Research and attempt to resolve the issue using the tools and utilities provided at http://www.cisco.com/tac. With some messages, these tools and utilities will supply clarifying information. Search for resolved software issues using the Bug Toolkit at http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl. If you still require assistance, open a case with the Technical Assistance Center via the Internet at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/case_tools/caseOpen.pl, or contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the representative with the information you have gathered. Attach the following information to your case in nonzipped, plain-text (.txt) format: the output of the show logging and show tech-support commands and your pertinent troubleshooting logs.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

Thanks,

satish

thank you very much. now i CCIE-R&S lab. but i'm young. i'm 20 years old. i'm not working experience. i learn to it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card