Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CISCO3945 IOS upgrade ?

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

How I can Upgrade Cisco 3945 ?

MY current IOS is c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M.bin and it is not supporting some IP SLA commands .How I can do upgrade ?

It seems on 3900, it needs IOS software activation to activate new services and im searching for how to do it

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

chatwithharis wrote:

How I can Upgrade Cisco 3945 ?

MY current IOS is c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M.bin and it is not supporting some IP SLA commands .How I can do upgrade ?

It seems on 3900, it needs IOS software activation to activate new services and im searching for how to do it

You probably have the IP Base license activated. Just checked Feature Navigator and the Data license supports IP SLA although i didn't check the others so you may ant to do this yourself -

Feature Navigator

You don't need to change the image so there is no software to download. What you need is an activation key from Cisco which will enable the new features. Have a read of this link which covers the different ways of going about this -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps9677/whitepaper_cisco_sw_license.html

Jon

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Haris,

In addition to Jon's comment, you can also call TAC and give them the serial number of the box (from sh ver) to get a temporary license for 60 days until you get with your sales rep to get a permanent key.

This is new thing that Cisco has added to new IOSs for routers and E switches as it wasn't confusing enough before we now have to deal with the license issues.  I have already had it with licenses for E switches

HTH

Reza

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I agree it is confusing , this is just adding to it .   I'm sure they haven't appreciably lowered their prices either  to match this feature of less features in the code..   Not sure why they think  people want more things they have to keep track of ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card