Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNCS

shobhit01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

Do anyone of you know about port mapper and message id for DNCS communications.

Mechanism:-  Need to know portmapper process - messageId

The BOSS interface uses Open Network Computing (ONC) Remote Procedure Call (RPC) protocol for sending transaction requests and responses. This protocol is specified with the eXternal Data Representation (XDR) language. The following sections provide the format of the data elements used in the transactions and present the suggested RPC implementation for each transaction.

The BOSS interface uses asynchronous remote calls. A BOSS server does not return results with the return from a BOSS request. BOSS clients must register with their local portmapper processes to receive the result from any call to a server. That result will arrive an indeterminate time after the original request is made of the server. Thus, the client must make provisions to pair responses with its requests. This is facilitated with the messageId field in each transaction/response.

All BOSS requests are processed by the BOSS server and routed to the proper DNCS component. A client requires only the host address of BOSS server. The port number of the request is discovered via the portmapper, which is a component of the ONC RPC protocol.

1.png

Also Please let me know what could be responseProgramNum value for BOSS  RPC client .i.e example responseProgramNum=132XXXXX) .

1 Reply 1

asindal011
Level 1
Level 1
Hii ...i want to integrate our Application (.Net Application) with BOSS Server .. but i do not have any idea about ONC RPC. I have some .x Files and some Example Program which are related to linux . i try to generate Server / Client Stub but giving Errors about "Missing header Files" . Please help me . where to start .. if possible then please come online with me . my mail id is asindal@yahoo.com please share ur mail id ..
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card