Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco IOS in a switch 2948G-GE-TX

contratoscisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to upgrade a 2948G-GE-TX with a Cisco IOS. I have found in cisco.com that it is possible but when I tried to put a cisco IOS in the switch it didn't work. Can anybody help me??

Q. For which fixed-configuration and stackable Cisco Catalyst switch product series can I obtain a "no additional cost" Cisco IOS Software update?

A. Cisco offers ongoing Cisco IOS Software updates for the following fixed-configuration and stackable Cisco Catalyst switch product series at no additional cost. For the life of the product, updates within the Cisco IOS package purchased (such as LAN Base, IP Base, IP Services, etc.) will be made available to customers.

? Cisco Catalyst Express 500 Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 2900 XL Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 2940 Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 2948G-GE-TX Series Switch

? Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 2950 LRE Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 2955 Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 2970 Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 3500 XL Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 3550 Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series Switches

? Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches

? Cisco ME 2400 Series Ethernet Access Switches

? Cisco ME 3400 Series Ethernet Access Switches

Note that upgrades are different from updates. For example, an upgrade from the IP Base Package to the IP Services Package provides significant new functions; therefore, this upgrade requires the purchase of a software license upgrade. Updates are incremental software features and bug fixes that are released within a Cisco IOS package for which you own a license.

This statement supersedes any previous warranty or software statement and is subject to change without notice.

3 Replies 3

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Friend,

Cisco 2948G-GE-TX doesnot support Cisco IOS. They only support Cisco Catalyst OS. The oS which has "Set" based commands.

Please see the Cisco Catlyst 2948-Ge-TX.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/relnotes/ol_4502.htm

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2948/index.htm

Let me know if you need any particular CatOS.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

I will need this Switch to create VLAN's with ip Address, like the switches with IOS, if I have any alternatives?

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Amit replied it is a catos box only which runs the cat 4000 code . Version 8.4.11 was the last version that cisco did for this .

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card