Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Nexus 7000 BGP default route distribution

Hi,

I am trying to configure BGP on a Nexus 7000 to distribute a default route to several VRFs, however I am unable to find a command to do this.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Cisco Nexus 7000 BGP default route distribution

Hi,

You can try the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/6_x/nx-os/unicast/configuration/guide/l3_advbgp.html#wp1154404

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México 
Paseo de la Reforma 222 Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Re: Cisco Nexus 7000 BGP default route distribution

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is I do not have the option to enter the default-information originate in BGP...this command is not present.  We are running version 6.1(2) and have several VDCs configured...if that makes a difference (I doubt it).  Any ideas as to why this command is not present? perhaps I need to enable another feature?

Thanks

Also we have several VRFs configured, which are the ones I am trying to have the configured default route advertised for each of those VRFs.

Cisco Employee

Hi,

It looks like the only way to generate the default  route in a VRF in this version of nx-os is to use a networ statement (network  0.0.0.0/0). You will obviously need to have a default route present in  the RIB for the specific VRF.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México 
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi thanks again.

I found the command to distribute the default route:

router bgp 10

neighbor 10.10.10.10

address-family ipv4 unicast

default-originate

However this distributes the global default route and not for the individual VRFs.  I had originally configured static default routes under the VRF process on the edge switches, but that did not work.  I removed the bgp process and added it again and things worked.  so not sure why it did not work the first time...guess I will never know.

Thanks for your replies

Cisco Employee

Hi,

The command you found is for the global context and is not available in a VRF context. Did you try using a network statement as I suggested?

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México 
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

No I did not try the network statement. I did however remove and then add the default route I had configured under the VRF context and then the route was added to the routing table.  I am not sure why it was not added the first time.  Anyway, things are working now. thanks for your replies.

Views
Helpful
Replies