cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus Allocating Interface

CiscoNutt
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to allocate an interface to a VDC but am getting the following error: ERROR: 1 or more interfaces are from a module of type not supported by this VDC

The chassis is a Nexus 7000

The module in question is a N7K-F248XP-25E

When I do a show vdc membership, the VDC in question has no interfaces allocated to it.

When I do a show vdc I see the following:

vdc_id    type          vdc_name      lc                             state          mac

2         Ethernet       vdc_name   m1 f1 m1x1 m2,1       active        xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

could this be that f2 is not listed under the lc field?

How would I go about getting support for the f2 card?  I really hope Cisco did not send us a supervisor that does not support F2 cards...if that is at all possible.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You need change the module type from resource limits under the VDC.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/virtual_device_context/configuration/guide/vdc_mgmt.html#wp1187087

HTH,
Lei Tian

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You need change the module type from resource limits under the VDC.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/virtual_device_context/configuration/guide/vdc_mgmt.html#wp1187087

HTH,
Lei Tian

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks

cdrogo
Level 1
Level 1

Enter either of the following two commands to obtain the necessary module information the VDCs will utilize.
#show inventory
or
#show module

Assign those module's resources per VDC with commands below using the module information obtained above.
#conig t
(config)# vdc "vdc-name"
(config-vdc)# limit-resource module-type [ f1 | f2 | f2e | f3 | m1 | m1x1 | m2x1 ]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco