Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco router 877:Could not enters into Global Configuration Mode & could not view Running Configuration

Hi,

Yesterday my colleague has configured a cisco 877 router for our network.I access that router thru telnet by entering username and password that he provided.But when I want to view running configuration by entering "sh run" command it gives error % invalid input detected ".Also when i try to enter into Global configuration mode it gives same error.

I have search on the internet and found that if enable password is not configured you can not view or change configurations on router.Is it true? as when I access router thru telnet it takes me directly to # mode without entering "en" and its password.

Also I have found on internet that you can restrict user thru configuring views or role based CLI access?

Now I am little bit confused that what my colleague have done and how to clear/remove that restriction without loosing any saved configuration.

Please suggest what to do and what actually my colleague has done on router?

Views
Helpful
Replies