Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Cisco sf 300 48 port switch

Hi. All

I am a real new by to Cisco and Vlan technology but am currently trying to setup a sf 300 switch implementing vlan. Currently I have a network with one router ( providing Internet access to about 20 different offices. I need to separate the traffic on these networks while still providing gateway connectivity to the Interne-the offices must appear independent and separate from eachothert. I have created vlans via the Cisco GUI but both vlan segments (vlan2 and vlan3) can access each others vlans unless I remove the default vlan1 from the configuration - however I lose all Internet connectivity from whichever vlan does not have vlan1 as an untagged vlan.  Maybe it's something simple in the setup I'm missing? Alternatively I could setup separate subjects (if I put the switch in layer 3 mode) and archive network separation this way but I have failed to see where I can setup a dhcp subnet for a vlan. Again this may be a simple but because I'm new to this I may not know the full menus. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CreatePlease to create content