cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG300-28 ip routing

edryanalburo1
Level 1
Level 1

I already googled through this but they are showing the catalyst switches.

how to check if ip routing on Cisco SG300-28 layer 3 switch is enabled? it doesn't show on the running config.

I am trying to setup inter-vlan routing on the sg300-28 switch.

I setup 2 vlans:

vlan 100     = 10.71.100.1/24

vlan 101     = 10.71.101.1/24 (no pc configured yet)

I configured 2 PCs to vlan 100.

After assigning 2 PCs to vlan 100, they can ping each other. but when i gave them the default gateway for vlan 100 which is 10.71.100.1, they can't ping each other anymore but they can ping the vlan 100s ip address (default gateway). maybe the switch cannot route or should i configure the "ip route"? pls help.

Can anyone give my an idea on how inter-vlan works on cisco sg300-28 switch and just a simple guide through the configuration?

Please help. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

edryanalburo1
Level 1
Level 1

I already have setup three (3) VLANs.

I configured each PC with their default gateways based on their vlan ip addresses. I can ping the vlan interfaces on the main switch but i can't ping the PC from other vlans.

Please help on this inter-vlan routing for cisco sg300-28.

Hi,

To enable routing you need to change the box mode to router (the default is switch mode, ie. L2). The CLI command to achieve this is as follows:

set system mode router

Please be aware of this:

After executing the command, the Startup Configuration file is deleted and the device is rebooted. It is highly recommended to back up the Startup configuration file before executing this command.

Best regards,

Antonin

aivarantonio95
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a similar problem. the ip routing is not being accepted.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card