cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Cisco SG500X channel-group not use all ports

Hi!

I'm linking two Cisco switch SG500X and do not want them in stacking , then set up the two switch one chanel -group with four ports for me to ensure high throughput between two devices .

I'm transferring files from a PC connected to the first switch and another PC connected to the second switch, and all the tests all traffic flows by as few as a door , despite the four ports are on Chanel -group and port -channel mode is on that is, without LACP and have tested by load-balance the MAC and IP , and the result was the same.

Also have a HP software , IMCC " Intelligent Management Center " and in view of the topology is shown the trunk between them but should indicate the link speed 4GB and 1GB is actually indicating .

How can I configure to use these transfers all ports , getting four ( 04 ) GB ?

thank you

Tomaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Hi, how are determinging the channel group is not working as expected? Additionally, the transfer will only limit to 1 gigabit as that is what your host connection is restricted to. Not only this, if the file isn't large enough, it would not have the time to transfer to a maximum capacity of the port.

It may or may not be reliable to look at that tool reporting how it detects links.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
4 REPLIES
Green

Hi, how are determinging the channel group is not working as expected? Additionally, the transfer will only limit to 1 gigabit as that is what your host connection is restricted to. Not only this, if the file isn't large enough, it would not have the time to transfer to a maximum capacity of the port.

It may or may not be reliable to look at that tool reporting how it detects links.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hello
Thanks for the help.
I do not mean the transfer speed, despite having made four test notebook, but the "LACP" indicated in the HP Software IMC "Intelligent Management will Center" that displays the link aggregation for 1G and not 4G, and the main problem is that the traffic is not distributed equally in the four ports, only one carries 90% of the packages.
Thank you
Tomaz

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Wrong forum, post in "Small Business switches". You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right.

Ok Paolo.

Obrigado.

Já postei no local correto.

Thank you

Tomaz

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content