Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco sge2000p with uc520 voic

jonathang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a sge2000p to install with a uc520. I have all data traffic passing ok but voice will not work. Phones to not get ip etc. can anyone advise?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jonathan,

The SGE2000 is not a particularly good voice switch. It does not support CDP or LLDP-MED and does not have telephony OUI options nor a voice vlan or smart ports / macros.

This means you need to manually configure all of the ports for the data vlan untag, voice vlan tag and ensure your uplink to the UC has the correct trunk and tag as well.

Quite honestly, if you're looking for a small business solution, go with a SG300-24P  (srw2024-k9) switch. It will make your life a heck of a lot easier.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jonathan,

The SGE2000 is not a particularly good voice switch. It does not support CDP or LLDP-MED and does not have telephony OUI options nor a voice vlan or smart ports / macros.

This means you need to manually configure all of the ports for the data vlan untag, voice vlan tag and ensure your uplink to the UC has the correct trunk and tag as well.

Quite honestly, if you're looking for a small business solution, go with a SG300-24P  (srw2024-k9) switch. It will make your life a heck of a lot easier.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi

Yes I have no choice a customer purchased them. Took your advice and works perfectly for my needs. Thanks

Hi, did you have to configure the phones with the vlan configuration for them to pickup the right voice network ?? what type of phones where you using ?

thanks.

Hi

No it was all automatic.

I first plugged phone to uc520 and assigned extn etc. Then moved to switch.

Then did this on switch
manually configure all of the ports for the data vlan untag, voice vlan tag and ensure your uplink to the UC has the correct trunk and tag as well.

I think I set all ports as trunk ports. Not particularly good practice but works!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card