Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SOHO 800 Router Ports / iOS

CiancioMatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a Cisco SOHO 800 Router that needs one particular port open for IMAP. So far I have done some research and discovered a software called iOS that should allow me to connect via the console port to the router and open the port for use from the outside world.

I have come to a bit of cross-road at this point as I don't know the software version that I require. Would you, please help me out?

Have I given you all the information you require?

Many Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Matt,

The operating system that run the Cisco routers is the IOS. If you login via console or telnet to the router and issue "sh ver" that will tell you what version of IOS you are running.

HTH

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Am i correct in thinkning that once I setup this software on my PC I will be able to open this port required? This is my main objective.

The software version is:

IOS (tm) SOHO91 Software (SOHO91-K90Y6-M), Version 12.3(2)XC2 Early Development Release Software (fc1)

Is the help full?

Thank you for your support.

Yes, once you login to it, you should be able to look and see if this port number is being blocked.  By default the router does not block it.  So, look and see if there is anything in the config blocking port 143 (IMAP).

HTH

Hi,

I've tried to download the ios software but it seems complicated. I found out that we can use some thing called SDM - Service Decive Manager.

We've downloaded the software and installed it but to no avail. it is saying that the host cant be reached.

we are accessing the router through the consol cable. when we ping we get a reply and also can access via telnet. We can understand what the real issue is her. could it be that we downloaded the wriong version.

I've taken a screen shoot of the current web flash version can you guide me furthe, please?

Many Thanks,

Your router does not support SDM, see here more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/cisco_router_and_security_device_manager/software/release/notes/SDMr25.html#wp35293

And your router is SOHO 91 , not 800 series...

Hi,

How difficult would it be to view the list of ports that we have that are opened / closed and open and close any port required ourselves. This is our main abjective? All we need is to open the IMAP port at this stage.

Is it something that ou can assist us in doing?

Many Thanks, 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card