Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco switch 3750 inter vlan ok but can't connect to internet

malakipaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm kind of desperate here and need expert assistance.

I've setup vlan 10 and 20 and Intervlan ping are ok.

Vlans are has their own dhcp server and clients are getting ip address with the default gateway pointing to SVI address.

Setup one layer 3 port 10.1.10.254 and connected to none cisco router port 10.1.10.1 that's connected or routing to internet. I also tried this on cisco router 2621 but still can't ping 10.1.10.1. I've setup access-list at 10.1.10.254 in and out to Any Any.

Vlans can ping 10.1.10.254 but not 10.1.10.1 and so no  internet.

I have static route to 10.1.10.1. I have googled and cisco supported for solution.

I've  resetted all the 3750 config and Erased vlans, startup-config to start fresh just like one of the user here that has same issue but didn't work for me.

There's also one user here that solved this but didn't mention the exact solution. I've been trying to find solution for a week now but no luck.

Can somebody help please and any idea? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Erik,

Where are you pinging 10.1.10.1 from.

Does the 10.1.10.1 router have routes back to your vlan svi addresses via your address of 10.1.10.254

Check these point before looking at acces-lists etc

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Istvan kelemen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need to configure routing between the Router and the Switch.

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Haven't you already posted  another thread about the same problem which seemed to be solved ?

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card