Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco switch IOS deletion

paul dungey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i've got two cisco 3750 Switches where by the ios images have been erased from the units there is no back up version on the switches that i can see,

I do have a swicth with a valid IOS image, My question is how would i go about taking a copy of that working IOS and placing it onto my PC then onto the switches that dont have the IOS.

Regards

Paul

4 Replies 4

Dragan Ilic
Level 4
Level 4

On working switch put your IOS to tftp with following:

tftp-server flash:<ios name>

On non-working copy with:

copy tftp flash

Finally put on non-working, after copying IOS, commands for booting image:

boot system flash: ...

HTH,

Dragan

P.S I already put this on your "Image deleted from switch" thread...did you try it?

HTH,
Dragan

The approach suggested by Dragan of copying directly from switch to switch should work. The other option would be to use tftp to copy the switch IOS from the switch to your PC and then on the switches that do not have images copy using tftp from your PC to the switch.

If the switch has no image is it running in rommon? If so the tftpdnld command may give you the ability to copy the IOS image.

Perhaps we should also verify that the image on the one switch is appropriate to use on the other switches. Are the other switches the same model, do they have the same amount of flash and of memory?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

The two switches are as followed, ws-c3750-48ps-s v05 ios version 12.2 (25) SSE3 and SEB1

The switch with the IOS is ws-c3750-48ps-s v10 the image file on this unit is :

c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEE.bin.

Regards

Paul

Hi,

with TFTP first attempt,

How do i go about setting up and getting things running,

Regards

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card