cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco wireless AP 1252AG-E-k9 not joining the Cisco WLC 4400

bilalsheikh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new Cisco Wireless AP 1252AG-E-k9 after converting it from autonomous to LW using upgrade tool latest LW it is not joing the WLC, please help

6 Replies 6

jonathanaxford
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Does the 1252 AP have a console port? If so, I would connect to it via the console and run the following command:

lwapp ap controller ip address x.x.x.x

I have had issues before where APs do not find the correct controller, but using this command forces them to associate with a specific WLC.

Many thanks

Jonathan

Dear Jonathan thank you for your support,

i have already issued this command lwapp ap controller ip address x.x.x.x using console but is says "command disable" 

Hi,

What version of the Controller software are you running? Also, some debugs may help in this situation, such as debug lwapp events enable to see if we can see why the join request is failing for that AP. (Are there many APs connected to the WLC? If so, you may want to be careful with the debugs...)

Many thanks

Jonathan

says "command disable"

Console into the AP and issue the command "dir" in enable mode.

You'll find two IOS there:  One should have an prefix of  "K9W8" and the other should have the "RCV".

Delete the IOS with the "K9W8" prefix using the command "delete /f /r flash:".

Reboot the AP and invoke the command posted previously.

Hi,

First of all, you should have opened this discussion on the wireless section.

From the part number AP 1252, it looks like it is an IOS AP...

Can you verify if you have and LWAPP or CAPWAP image running on the AP?

If you do a "sh ver" and check the IOS filename running on flash you will find something like: c1250-k9w7 or c1250-k9w8.

c1250-k9w7 means it is an IOS image.

c1240-k9w8 means it is an LWAPP image.

And as you know, only APs running and LWAPP image can join a Cisco WLC.

If you have already an LWAPP image on the AP, then i would connect a console cable to the AP and get the output.

Share it with us and we can give you some ideas.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

You can do this if the LWAPP is not finding the controller.  Figure out what subnet the LWAP is attched to.  Go to the L3 router or Switch and add the following.  Once it finds the controller and you configure  the primary and secondary controllers on the AP ,  those statements can be removed .

1. Add helper address on the L3 interface pointing to the requested WLC management address.

2. On the L3 routing device add forwarding protocols statements

ip forward-protocol udp 12223
  ip forward-protocol udp 5246
  ip forward-protocol udp 5247

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card