Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WS-C2960G-24TC-L problem

a.hajhamad
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a problem with Cisco WS-C2960G-24TC-L switch that after the power returns the switch has nothing appear at the console but the SYST LED is green (stable).

what do the indication mean?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you tried all of those I suggested and still have the same issue, than the switch probably has a hardware issue.  If you have SmarNet contract with Cisco, open a ticket with TAC and RMA the switch.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Have you tried different setting on your console connection?  If not, try different baud rates (9600, 38400, etc...) and test.

If this does not help, try a different terminal emulation software like Putty, Tera Term, SecureCRT, etc...

If none of these help, try password recovery using link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

HTH

Hi,

Thank you.

I tested another device with the same PC, SecureCRT, console cable, and same console settings and it is OK.

and after that i used the same with the damaged device and nothing appeared at the console.

I tried the password recovery method but nothing changed. i.e; nothing appeared at the console.

and also i tried the same method with another device and the password recovery method is OK sine i i see the switch: appeared at the console.

what does it mean?

Thanks

Hi,

If you tried all of those I suggested and still have the same issue, than the switch probably has a hardware issue.  If you have SmarNet contract with Cisco, open a ticket with TAC and RMA the switch.

HTH

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: