Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco1861

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

hello

is the integrated switch in cisco1861 router L3 or only L2?

can we configure one port by the "no switchport" command ?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oussama

I do not have experience with this module and so am not authoritative, but here is what I believe are answers to your questions.

You ask if this switch is L2 or L3. The switch gives you L3 capability by configuring VLANs and VLAN interfaces, and routing through the VLAN interfaces.

You then ask if you can make a switch port a directly routing port by configuring no switchport. This switch does not support that functionality. Its ports access VLANs and you do the L3 functions through VLAN interfaces.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

as per the datasheet they are very much similar to the switchports available in fixed 1800 series model routers.

You have POE support enabled in these routers .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/ps8321/product_data_sheet0900aecd806c4dce.html

regds

Oussama

I do not have experience with this module and so am not authoritative, but here is what I believe are answers to your questions.

You ask if this switch is L2 or L3. The switch gives you L3 capability by configuring VLANs and VLAN interfaces, and routing through the VLAN interfaces.

You then ask if you can make a switch port a directly routing port by configuring no switchport. This switch does not support that functionality. Its ports access VLANs and you do the L3 functions through VLAN interfaces.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card