Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Ciscoworks all of a sudden reporting high utilization on switches...

Hello,

I have a Ciscoworks alert coming to me that says that one of my switches is having high utilization for a short period of time, then shortly after it shows cleared... Well that didn't seem like a big deal but now other switches daisy-chained to it are now complaining periodically of short periods of high utilization on the interfaces...  The initial switch has done this once in a while for the last week, during business hours only. This afternoon I now have three other switches on the same VLAN now complaining, for short periods of time, of the same thing. Any ideas?

Initial Alert:

0000EEO ; x.x.x.x ; Tue 15-Jun-2010 15:02:36 EDT ; Critical ; Utilization ; Active

ALERT ID = 0000EEO

TIME = Tue 15-Jun-2010 15:02:36 EDT

STATUS = Active

SEVERITY = Critical

MANAGED OBJECT = x.x.x.x

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE = Switches and Hubs

EVENT DESCRIPTION = PORT-x.x.x.x/0.19 [Fa0/19]:High Utilization on the Circuit; PORT-x.x.x.x/0.26 [Gi0/2]:High Utilization on the Circuit;

CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION = 1stfloor

CUSTOMER REVISION = 1

Cleared Alert:

0000EEO ; x.x.x.x ; Tue 15-Jun-2010 15:06:36 EDT ; Informational ; Utilization ; Cleared

ALERT ID = 0000EEO

TIME = Tue 15-Jun-2010 15:06:36 EDT

STATUS = Cleared

SEVERITY = Informational

MANAGED OBJECT = x.x.x.x

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE = Switches and Hubs

EVENT DESCRIPTION = PORT-x.x.x.x/0.26 [Gi0/2]:High Utilization on the Circuit; PORT-x.x.x.x/0.19 [Fa0/19]:High Utilization on the Circuit;

CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION = 1stFloor

CUSTOMER REVISION = 1

Any help would be appreciated,

William

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content