Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Clear ip opf process command

Hi every body.

My book says " ospf can be restarted with the clear ip ospf process command,but depending upon on circumstances,ios still may not change its ospf-RID until the next ios reload.

My question what could prevent router from changing its ospf router id even upon issuing clear ip ospf process ?

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Clear ip opf process command

i would only see a bug or a crash. In all my years of experience, I was always able to change the RID with a clear ospf process.

Really not sure why your book is mentioning this, perhaps they had in mind specific bug on certain code of IOS.

2 REPLIES

i would only see a bug or a crash. In all my years of experience, I was always able to change the RID with a clear ospf process.

Really not sure why your book is mentioning this, perhaps they had in mind specific bug on certain code of IOS.

In may home lab i changed the RID but "clear ip ospf" didn't work.... I had to reload the router. I don't know the reason of this but it worked only after the reload.

Views
Helpful
Replies