Views
Helpful
Replies

Clustering Switch's

b.petronio
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I have a doubt about clustering switch's.

As i remember, i had a old client that had a StackWise connection between to swithc's(dont remember the model), and when i telnet to them, i only could see 1 equipment, but with 2 modules.

I.E. gig 1/0/0,(1st switch) gig 1/1/0, (2nd switch).

I now have various 2950 and 3500, with GigaStack connectors between them and a cluster configuration.

The "problem", is that when i issue a telnet to the equipment i see 1 device per ip.

If i do a web browser sesion, then i could see the all clustering thing and manage as i was only one equipment.

This is only possible with the StackWise ? or with the 2950 and 3500 is not possible to do it ?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Petr?nio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

When using Telnet to 2950 or 3500 command switch (which are clustered and do not have StackWise option). You need to telnet to the command Switch and then go to enable mode. Then type rc 1, or rc 2 or rc 3 respectively. This will take you to the command prompt of the slave switch 1, or 2 or 3 respectively. here you can configure each individual switch like you will do using console/telnet.

Alternatively use "Cisco Network Assistant". which available free from Cisco.com.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

When using Telnet to 2950 or 3500 command switch (which are clustered and do not have StackWise option). You need to telnet to the command Switch and then go to enable mode. Then type rc 1, or rc 2 or rc 3 respectively. This will take you to the command prompt of the slave switch 1, or 2 or 3 respectively. here you can configure each individual switch like you will do using console/telnet.

Alternatively use "Cisco Network Assistant". which available free from Cisco.com.

Tks Muhammad,

I'll try that.

This could be applied to the show commands ?

I.e, telnet to switch 1 and want to see port x on switch 2.

Best Regards,

Petr?nio

Yes, You will have all the commands as would get with console/telent including Show or configure etc....

HTH

Thank You very much.

Best Regards,

Petr?nio

So, this is meaning, that i still have severall ip's, spanning tree process by equipment, and not only one as it could be on a stackwise environment? Right?

Best Regards,

Petr?nio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card