cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collisions detected in a Catalyst 4500

contratoscisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have some problems with a WS-X4515 and a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit 5703. If I do a sh interface it will be appear collisions in that interface.

6 Replies 6

cprice2k7
Level 1
Level 1

Check for speed/duplex mismatch.

There aren't duplex-mismatch and the speed is ok.

1000 Mbps Full-duplex in both sides

Here's a good place to start.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_tech_note09186a008009446d.shtml

I am assuming this is an ethernet connection.

Generally collisons are the result of speed/duplex mismatches, a bad nic or cable or oversubscription. If you have a open port on your switch, try using that and check for collisions.

Thank you for the advice but I don't use a shared medium. The server is connected to the switch directly.

The connection is a Gigabitethernet.

Thanks

In that case the collisions would be caused by a bad nic or cable. Have you tried replacing the cable or nic? You could also try moving the connection to a \different port on your switch to eliminate the port as the problem.

I have tried this but the problem persist. The problem only exists with the Broadcom NIC because I have others NICS and they don't have any problems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card