Views
Helpful
Replies

Command not available: macro name ....

Kai Onken
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to setup several macro's but in all Cisco manual's they tell me to use command "macro name ..." to create my macro. But when I want to use the command, my CLI only allows the follwing commands to me:

switch(config)#macro ?

auto    Macro autoexecution settings

global  Enter global macro configuration

So what have I to do to get this command "macro name ..." working?

The IOS I use is for example:

c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-50.SE1.bin

c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE1.bin

Kind regards
Kai
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since 12.2(50)SE, Cisco has been "threatening" to deprecate the "macro name" (which is part of the switchport macro feature) in favour of the AUTO smartport macro.  The command "macro name " is now a HIDDEN command.  You need to enter the complete command to invoke it.  No shortcuts allowed.

My fleet of switches are running 12.2(55)SE, 12.2(58)SE and 15.0(1)SE2 and I am still using the switchport macro on a daily basis. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kai Onken
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ all,

I'm a fool....

switch(config)#macro ?

auto    Macro autoexecution settings

global  Enter global macro configuration

The postet Command also permits "macro name myMacro" it is only not shown.

Kind regards

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since 12.2(50)SE, Cisco has been "threatening" to deprecate the "macro name" (which is part of the switchport macro feature) in favour of the AUTO smartport macro.  The command "macro name " is now a HIDDEN command.  You need to enter the complete command to invoke it.  No shortcuts allowed.

My fleet of switches are running 12.2(55)SE, 12.2(58)SE and 15.0(1)SE2 and I am still using the switchport macro on a daily basis. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card