Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

command output slow

I have notice on 2960-24 and 3750V2-48 Catalyst switch is where the output of any command that I send to the switch is very slow in output. For instance, In both type of the switches, when I do show log, show ip int b, sh ver or any other command, it takes about 10 seconds or so to give me the output of the command that I just enter. However, when i go into the config mode and do the same command like "do sh ver", "do sh ip int bri" and output response time is very fast. This situation is same if I telnet to the switch or from the console port.

Platforms:

WS-C3750V2-48PS    15.0(1)SE1            C3750-IPSERVICESK9-M

WS-2960-24TC-L          12.2(44)SE6         2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-44.SE6

I appreciate if somone can provide solution.

cheers                   

2 REPLIES

command output slow

I have a switch doing the same thing! I think it's running 122-38. I have been really curious as to why it's doing this but I haven't figured it out yet either. It seems like it just hangs a long time thinking before it reacts. Wonder if it's an IOS bug? I don't have any switches running 122-5x that do it...

Andy

Hall of Fame Super Gold

command output slow

WS-C3750V2-48PS    15.0(1)SE1            C3750-IPSERVICESK9-M

Do NOT use IOS versions 15.0(1)SE and/or 15.0(1)SE1.  If you have to use this version, use 15.0(1)SE2 instead.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content