Views
Helpful
Replies

command to overwrite current running config on cat6500

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I learnt some time ago how to replace the current running config with a complete new config on my cat 6500 rather than merging them like what normally happens, Is this right, that they normally merge ?

is it the config replace command ?

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I learnt some time ago how to replace the current running config with a complete new config on my cat 6500 rather than merging them like what normally happens, Is this right, that they normally merge ?

is it the config replace command ?

Hi,

The Configuration Replace and Configuration Rollback feature provides the capability to replace the current running configuration with any saved Cisco IOS configuration file. This functionality can be used to revert to a previous configuration state, effectively rolling back any configuration changes that were made since that configuration file was saved.

Check out the below link for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t7/feature/guide/gtrollbk.html#wp1085347

Hope to help

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: