Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

compatibility

Hi all!

I need some input here please!

I spoke to two different sources. Both say that I can connect the Cisco Catalyst 3560 with a Dell Power Connect 3448P. Both are PoE. One source, a Cisco Sales Engineer says to use the CAB-SFP-50CM which is the Cisco SFP Interconnect Cable. I have read in some posts on here that this SFP Interconnect Cable only works Cat3560 to Cat3560. The other source, Dell rep says that you can connect using crossover.

~Sami~

update: I received am email back from the Cisco Sales Engineer that I was correct when I pointed out that the SFP Interconnect is for 3560 to 3560 only. He now is telling me that I need these items:

GLC-SX-MM - Cisco 1000 BaseSX SFP - LC Connector

BP-LCLC-MM-1M - Mulitmode Fiber Patch Cable - 1 meter

X3369 - Dell 1000Base-SX PowerConnect SFP - LC Connector

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: compatibility

Mate,

I think you can use any non-Cisco proprietry or non-Dell proprietry cables for this. I would recommend a X-over UTP cable (make sure the PoE is disabled if it's not set to auto-detect) or a 1000Base-SX link using a Multimode fibre with the appropriate GBIC's on both ends.

I think it's simple and the Cisco guy is complicating it but the products that he listed looks correct to me.

Cheers.

2 REPLIES

Mate,

I think you can use any non-Cisco proprietry or non-Dell proprietry cables for this. I would recommend a X-over UTP cable (make sure the PoE is disabled if it's not set to auto-detect) or a 1000Base-SX link using a Multimode fibre with the appropriate GBIC's on both ends.

I think it's simple and the Cisco guy is complicating it but the products that he listed looks correct to me.

Cheers.

Hi!

Thanks for your response! I went ahead and bought the SFP connectors for both the dell and the cisco and the multimode fibre cable. The SFP for the cisco is taking a bit longer to get here. When it arrives, I will try it out and see what happens. Our system uses the PoE for our IP Phones.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content