Views
Helpful
Replies

confi t

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again

I am trying to config one of the 2610 router, I lost password so I did recovery.. got to chng the config reg back to 0x2102 .now I am trying to config term but I get this msg .. did I did anything wrong and who I can solve it?

by the way I did save the runnin config

Thanks

Router(config)#interface ethernet ?

<0-1> Ethernet interface number

Router(config)#interface ethernet0

% Incomplete command.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Try one of these 2 things

1) from enable mode "show ip interface brief". This will show you what interfaces the router has.

2)Router(config)# interface ethernet0 ?

Should tell you what router is looking for on the command line

HTH

Jon

View solution in original post

I believe that both suggestions that Jon gives are good and I particularly like the first one.

I suspect that it is looking for Ethernet0/0 or Ethernet0/1 or something like that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

karim

There is not really any difference between ethernet0 and ethernet0/0. A router will have one or the other but not both. Which version of naming you use depends on the particular model of router, some use just the single number and some use the 0/0.

I assume that the training doc that you have was written for one of the routers that used only the single number and now you are using a slightly different model of router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Try one of these 2 things

1) from enable mode "show ip interface brief". This will show you what interfaces the router has.

2)Router(config)# interface ethernet0 ?

Should tell you what router is looking for on the command line

HTH

Jon

I believe that both suggestions that Jon gives are good and I particularly like the first one.

I suspect that it is looking for Ethernet0/0 or Ethernet0/1 or something like that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

well I find out that I need to do ethenet 0/0.. but the training Doc that I have only said do the command :

interface etherent0

I guess that solves the problem or is there difference b/w >>interface etherent0 and >> interface etherent0/0

R1>show ip interface brief

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Prot

ocol

Ethernet0/0 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down

Serial0/0 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down

Serial0/1 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down

R1>enable

R1#config t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

R1(config)#interface ethernet ?

<0-1> Ethernet interface number

R1(config)#interface ethernet 0/0

R1(config-if)#

thanks

karim

There is not really any difference between ethernet0 and ethernet0/0. A router will have one or the other but not both. Which version of naming you use depends on the particular model of router, some use just the single number and some use the 0/0.

I assume that the training doc that you have was written for one of the routers that used only the single number and now you are using a slightly different model of router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: