Views
Helpful
Replies

Config doesn't appear after 30 mins on the Cisco Switch 3750

Sarasaqlain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When we add a line of configuration for some reason the configuration doesn't appear after a period of time (30 mins). It is almost like something is removing it but we can see any evidence of it.

Kindly let me know if someone have face this type ofissue earlier.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

Martin Parry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Can you confirm the command you are entering? If it is a command that is usually enabled by default then it will not appear within the config when you do a show run / show start

Martin

01(config)#line vty 0 4

01(config-line)#privilege level 15

waiting for your reply

noran01
Level 3
Level 3

Is this switch part of a stack? If so, you should be making configuration changes on the stack master.

also try removing/disabling everything but console access temporarily. i've seen management tools that monitor configurations and devices make changes to configs.

disable telnet/ssh/snmp/http/https or any other access method besides console.

Hello Noran,

Yes this Switch is part of Stack and there are 6 switch on the stack and all of them are affected.

Now how do i go about this?????

Wating for your reply...

We had this problem with that specific issue, turned out to be a bug in the version we upgraded to in the 3750, the privelege command just went away... I don't have the details on which bug it is but rest assured, you are not losing your mind:) (a bug search may find it)

Found the bug for you......CSCsk18103, ironically, we had upgraded to this version of code to eliminate a different bug.....go figure..

Hi erin,

Thanks a ton for the reply. Heartly appriciated for the help.This solved my issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card