Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuration question

Hi,

We have a number of WS-C3560-8PC-S switches and looking into upgrading all our switches to WS-C3560CG-8PC-S.

All ports are configured for various different v-lans.

To do the upgrade to Gb switches will I be able to just copy the configuration file from the old 10/100 switches and load it into the new Gb switches or will I need to manually configure each new Gb switch?

Thank you in advance for any assistance,

Craig

6 REPLIES

Hello Craig, the interface

Hello Craig,

the interface names are changing. So you have to change "interface fastethernet" to "interface gigabitethernet" and the uplink ports must be renumbered.

Torsten

Thanks Torsten, so this is

Thanks Torsten, so this is going to be quite a process :(

what i do is copy and paste

what i do is copy and paste the config into notepad. Then choose "find" then "replace" you can do the same for the numbering too.

In the world of networking,

In the world of networking, note pad or better Edit Pad is your best friend when it comes to configuration prep!

Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If you're also jumping IOS versions between the two models, you sometimes (rarely) can bump into a syntax change.

As Torsen mentioned its

As Torsen mentioned its should be configured from fastethernet to Gigaethernet.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content