cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure Routers

riddlecow18
Level 1
Level 1

I have just purchased a new line from my provider and I am having trouble writing the correct config file. I have made two attempts and neither have worked. I have 2801 in corporate and 1841 in the field.

Can someone suggest the proper configuration on each router?

I am using serial int0/1/1/0

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Steve

There are several things that we would need to know to help develop an accurate config that would work. You mention purchase of a new line but you do not tell us whether this is a standard leased line point to point or is Frame Relay, or is some other encapsulation. We also need to know whether each router has the integragted CSU/DSU (will need T1 controller commands) or has external CSU/DSU (does not need T1 controller commands).

Parts of the config would be easy:

interface serial1/1/0

ip address

no shut

but knowing whether additional commands are required or not would require answers to the questions that I asked.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

It is Point to Point, no encapsulation, integr CSU/DSU.

Steve

When you say no encapsulation do I assume that this means that it will be using the default encapsulation of HDLC?

For integrated CSU/DSU you may need:

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

The provider may be providing clocking, but if not one of the routers should include service-module t1 clock source internal

Try these and let us know if it works. If there are problems please post the interface configs and the output of show interface.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card