cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure switch for Nutanix??

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

Anyone have a baseline or good info you can give me to configure some 4510 or 3548 switches for Nutanix (or software defined network)? I understand that ISIS and BGP is used within the Lan for Nutanix.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

BGP and ISIS will be deployed on the SDN (Nutanix) or the 4500?

On the 4500. To my understanding, since Nutanix will be running its own routing configs and all, therefor BGP, ISIS, MACSEC, VXLAN will all be used. I believe we will need to run the routing protocols on a router connecting to the 4500s.

Not all Cisco devices support all these features like VXLAN. So, if you are the one buying the product, you want to make these features are in fact supported and you have the right license.

HTH 

Yes. My question is, given the servers are for Nutanix, will everything that I stated need to be configured? I am basically looking for some type of baseline or guidance to configure LAN infrastructure for an SDN environment.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card