Views
Helpful
Replies

CONFIGURING HSRP IN BVI INTERFACES

netkrish80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to configure hsrp in bvi interface. But peers are not getting recognized.

There are two 2800 routers. Each router has two fast ethernet ports. We are creating the BVI by combining the ethernet interface. in both the router we had created the bvi interface. We are trying to configure hsrp between the bvi interface. But we are not able to do that.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Krishna

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Here are fragments of our configuration:

bridge irb

interface FastEthernet0/0

no ip address

no ip mroute-cache

bridge-group 1

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

no ip address

no ip mroute-cache

bridge-group 1

!

interface BVI1

ip address A.A.A.A 255.255.255.0

standby 1 ip B.B.B.B

standby 1 priority 110

standby 1 preempt

!

bridge 1 protocol ieee

bridge 1 route ip

This configuration is running on 2 7204VXR but I don't think that there is any difference between it and the same stuff on 2800 routers. If it is - try to update IOS. If it doesn't help - open ticket at Cisco.

//Mikhail Galiulin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Here are fragments of our configuration:

bridge irb

interface FastEthernet0/0

no ip address

no ip mroute-cache

bridge-group 1

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

no ip address

no ip mroute-cache

bridge-group 1

!

interface BVI1

ip address A.A.A.A 255.255.255.0

standby 1 ip B.B.B.B

standby 1 priority 110

standby 1 preempt

!

bridge 1 protocol ieee

bridge 1 route ip

This configuration is running on 2 7204VXR but I don't think that there is any difference between it and the same stuff on 2800 routers. If it is - try to update IOS. If it doesn't help - open ticket at Cisco.

//Mikhail Galiulin

I have similar kind of issue with bridge virtual interface(BVI).

i have two 3945 routers connected back to back. in Primary/Secondary scenario. I have bundled the back to back interface and wan interface in bridge group.

And created BVI interface on both the routers and running HSRP on the BVI. HSRP is up and stable.

Still when wan connectivity is going down , HSRP state is not getting changed. So , I am not able to figure it out on which router traffic is coming.

Please confirm the exact configs needed for this or wht is the possible causes of problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: