Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

configuring RSPAN session in switch fabric

I was attempting to configure an RSPAN session across two switches in the customer switch fabric today. The two switches are a model 3560 and a model 4500 respectively.

VTP is enabled on the network, so I created a VLAN 25 and named it RSPAN.

I then went to the model 3560 where I configured a "monitor session 10" to use as the RSPAN session. I configured a source port. I was then trying to configure the reflector port by using the command "mon sess 10 destination remote vlan 25 reflector-port fastEthernet0/25.

Here is what happened on the 3560:

bhiacctg(config)#mon sess 10 destination remote vlan 25 refe?

% Unrecognized command

bhiacctg(config)#mon sess 10 de?

destination

bhiacctg(config)#mon sess 10 de ?

interface SPAN destination interface

remote SPAN destination Remote

bhiacctg(config)#mon sess 10 de remote ?

vlan Remote SPAN destination RSPAN VLAN

bhiacctg(config)#mon sess 10 de remote vlan 25 ?

<cr>

Is it possible that the code on this model running does not support RSPAN? We are currently running:

Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(50)SE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: configuring RSPAN session in switch fabric

Kevin

The 2970, 3560 and 3750 switches do not require you to configure a reflector port hence the reason you can't find it, see this doc for full details -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml#topic5

Yes, your 3560 does support RSPAN -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swspan.html

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies