Helpful
Replies

Connecting Multiple Networks

pain112
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe the "less painful" method of integrating multiple subnets to your main subnet is MPLS.

One of the major benefits of MPLS is that each VRF can share the same IP Address and they are still classified as "separate". 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jhopper1313
Level 1
Level 1

This question is a little broad and tough to answer without a better idea of how traffic flow thru your network,,,,,,but for a very basic, not so secure soultion...

Guessing the 3700 are acting as the the core?

Connect new switches back to core using etherchannels

Adjust to STP priority on new switches to maintain root

Add/Edit/Prune vlans on new switches.

If those 3560 came from outside your current I double check that they are NOT running VTP.

I'm sorry for not giving mor information.

The networks we are adding to the Datacenter all have VTP running on them in a different domain, will this cause a problem, and can we keep them seperate - like one is CSI and the others are PCSI /SCCUL/ League.

They have twenty or more Vlan's on the switches we are adding and the good thing they are for the most part on the same networks except for two or thee.

I hope this helps

Thanks

I believe the "less painful" method of integrating multiple subnets to your main subnet is MPLS.

One of the major benefits of MPLS is that each VRF can share the same IP Address and they are still classified as "separate". 

Cisco have any documentation on doing this

Read up on MPLS by going to the link below.

Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco