Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connecting Nexus 7k f2E to Cisco 6509-e 10g module

Hi,

We are currently migrating from 6509-e switches to the new nexus 7009. I have f2e card module and I want to connect via dark fiber one of my SPF (SPF-10G-SR) in one of my existing 6509-e but currently we only have 1G interface and we might upgrade and buy another module to support 10G. Can you please advise which 10g module available for 6509-e that will be compatible on my nexus 7009 f2e card. thank you...

• LAN Switching and Routing
2 REPLIES

Hi If you are looking for

Hi

If you are looking for single mode , below SFP are compatible 

Cisco SFP-10G-LR

The Cisco 10GBASE-LR Module supports a link length of 10 kilometers on standard single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652).

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-X

The Cisco SFP-10G-LR-X is a multirate 10GBASE-LR, 10GBASE-LW and OTU2/OTU2e module for extended operating temperature range. It supports a link length of 10 kilometers on standard single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652).

Cisco SFP-10G-ER

The Cisco 10GBASE-ER Module supports a link length of up to 40 kilometers on standard single-mode fiber (SMF,G.652).

Cisco SFP-10G-ZR

The Cisco SFP-10G-ZR is a multirate 10GBASE-ZR, 10GBASE-ZW and OTU2/OTU2e module. It supports link lengths of up to about 80 kilometers on standard single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652). This interface is not specified as part of the 10 Gigabit Ethernet standard and is instead built according to Cisco specifications.

For Multimode 

Cisco SFP-10G-SR

The Cisco 10GBASE-SR Module supports a link length of 26m on standard Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI)-grade multimode fiber (MMF). Using 2000MHz*km MMF (OM3), up to 300m link lengths are possible. Using 4700MHz*km MMF (OM4), up to 400m link lengths are possible.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-7000-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-720322.html

HTH

Sandy

Hi,Yes I am looking for a

Hi,

Yes I am looking for a single mode fiber, however i need a 10G hardware module that  support 10G to use on my Cisco 6509-e switch that i could put in one of the available slot  I know from the f2e module i can use the SFP-10G-ER but what about on my 6509 switch? 

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.