cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting two local networks

toksoladuti
Level 1
Level 1

We have two offices a couple of miles apart connected via a 10MB Ethernet link provided by Virgin Media Business for the purposes of business continuity replication. Office A is on a 192.168.10.0/24 network and Office B is on a 192.168.17.0/24 network. I want to connect the two networks, but cannot change their IP addresses or subnet mask as there is a MPLS cloud in place already for standard network traffic.

We have a Cisco RVS4000 router lying about, however I don’t seem to be able to get the routing working between the two networks. Is this possible with this device, or should I be looking at something like an 800 series router?

Many thank.

1 Reply 1

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I do not think RVS400 would be a best fit in your environment. You will need a router that can route traffic between two subnets. If you are not worried about full connectivity between the two subnets, then you can buy a simpler Linksys Home Router and put it between the subnets. But if you are looking for full connectivity, then I would suggest at least a 800 series router.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card