Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Connection between a 3600 router and an INU Alcatel (microwave link)

Hello everyone,

In one of my customers, there is an INU Alcatel (radio link) connected to an ATM A1-E3 card of a cisco 3600 router with BNC connectors. I have to change the INU material. Future equipment will be equipped with Ethernet connections. I am looking for a card that I can put in the same location as the ATM A1-E3 with Ethernet connectors (the maximum throughput of the link will be 154 Mbps). Are there A1-E3 ATM cards with RJ connectors or should I look for other type of cards? What kind of card should I put in place ?

Thank you in advance for your support and your quickly answer

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

Hi,

If you are moving from ATM to Ethernet, you need to install a new Ethernet module in the router.

If the maximum throughput of the new Ethernet link will be 154Mb than you need to install a gig module in the router.  Looking at the data sheet only the 3660 support a gig module and the part number is NM-1GE.  See table-1 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/2600-3600-3700-series-1-port-gigabit-ethernet-network-module/product_data_sheet09186a008010fbd7.html

Also, please remember that the 3600 series routers have been EOL and EOS for a long time now and if you have the budget, you may want to look at a different router e.g 2900 series, 3900 series, etc....

HTH

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

Hi,

If you are moving from ATM to Ethernet, you need to install a new Ethernet module in the router.

If the maximum throughput of the new Ethernet link will be 154Mb than you need to install a gig module in the router.  Looking at the data sheet only the 3660 support a gig module and the part number is NM-1GE.  See table-1 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/2600-3600-3700-series-1-port-gigabit-ethernet-network-module/product_data_sheet09186a008010fbd7.html

Also, please remember that the 3600 series routers have been EOL and EOS for a long time now and if you have the budget, you may want to look at a different router e.g 2900 series, 3900 series, etc....

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content