cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection between a 3600 router and an INU Alcatel (microwave link)

cablofibres
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

In one of my customers, there is an INU Alcatel (radio link) connected to an ATM A1-E3 card of a cisco 3600 router with BNC connectors. I have to change the INU material. Future equipment will be equipped with Ethernet connections. I am looking for a card that I can put in the same location as the ATM A1-E3 with Ethernet connectors (the maximum throughput of the link will be 154 Mbps). Are there A1-E3 ATM cards with RJ connectors or should I look for other type of cards? What kind of card should I put in place ?

Thank you in advance for your support and your quickly answer

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If you are moving from ATM to Ethernet, you need to install a new Ethernet module in the router.

If the maximum throughput of the new Ethernet link will be 154Mb than you need to install a gig module in the router.  Looking at the data sheet only the 3660 support a gig module and the part number is NM-1GE.  See table-1 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/2600-3600-3700-series-1-port-gigabit-ethernet-network-module/product_data_sheet09186a008010fbd7.html

Also, please remember that the 3600 series routers have been EOL and EOS for a long time now and if you have the budget, you may want to look at a different router e.g 2900 series, 3900 series, etc....

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If you are moving from ATM to Ethernet, you need to install a new Ethernet module in the router.

If the maximum throughput of the new Ethernet link will be 154Mb than you need to install a gig module in the router.  Looking at the data sheet only the 3660 support a gig module and the part number is NM-1GE.  See table-1 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/2600-3600-3700-series-1-port-gigabit-ethernet-network-module/product_data_sheet09186a008010fbd7.html

Also, please remember that the 3600 series routers have been EOL and EOS for a long time now and if you have the budget, you may want to look at a different router e.g 2900 series, 3900 series, etc....

HTH

Hi Rezai, tks a llot (sorry for my delay) for your support

Have a nice day

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card