Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

jpv

Connectivity between 2911 and stack of 3750X

I have a 2911 connecting to the Net via one of its Gigabit ports.

Is there a way I can leverage the other two Gig ports to provide some redundancy for the connectivity back to the stack of 3750s?

--I thought etherchannel, but it does not look like the feature works with the onboard ports.

The 3750s have a Internet VLAN, which facilitates the connection to a pair of ASAs:

|--------- ASA--------|

Router ------  Stack (VLAN public)--- |                         | ---- Stack (VLAN transition)

|--------- ASA--------|

Thanks!

jpv

• LAN Switching and Routing
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: Connectivity between 2911 and stack of 3750X

jpv wrote:

I have a 2911 connecting to the Net via one of its Gigabit ports.

Is there a way I can leverage the other two Gig ports to provide some redundancy for the connectivity back to the stack of 3750s?

--I thought etherchannel, but it does not look like the feature works with the onboard ports.

The 3750s have a Internet VLAN, which facilitates the connection to a pair of ASAs:

|--------- ASA--------|

Router ------  Stack (VLAN public)--- |                         | ---- Stack (VLAN transition)

|--------- ASA--------|

Thanks!

jpv

JPV

You could use IRB on the 2 interfaces on the router. That way you can have one IP address assigned to a BVI group and then the 2 gig interfaces are made part of the bridge group assigned to the BVI. One link would block but you only want redundancy as far as i can tell.

Edit - another alternative may be to run 2 routed links between the 2900 to the 3750 stack using private addressing. You then have an SVI for the public vlan on the 3750 and this is default-gateway for the ASA firewalls. Then run a routing protocol between the 3750 stack and the 2900 or use static routes.

Jon

jpv

Re: Connectivity between 2911 and stack of 3750X

You could use IRB on the 2 interfaces on the router. That way you can have one IP address assigned to a BVI group and then the 2 gig interfaces are made part of the bridge group assigned to the BVI. One link would block but you only want redundancy as far as i can tell.

Yes, just looking for an alternative path.

Will try IRB.  Thank you for the suggestion!

jpv

Views
Helpful
Replies